Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Just fooling around...

A co-worker was talking to another one about buying herself a bicycle. As this was right over the cube wall from me, and clearly one of my favorite subjects, I walked around to join in.

She was looking at a Trek Lime - just wanted to ride around the neighborhood. As she lives in the flatlands of Aloha, it would be just fine.

After work, she and another co-worker were headed over to Bike Gallery to test-ride. I thought I'd ride over and join them :-) She ended up riding the Lime and the Amsterdam Electra (both step-through frames). We all ended up riding the Lime and the Amsterdam.

The lack of hand brakes freaked me out some - I haven't ridden a bike with a coaster brake since I was 16 (when dinosaurs roamed the earth). The automatic shift on the Lime was real interesting.

So we all rode around and talked about the various bikes, and generally had a fun time. The Amsterdam is much more fully accessorized than the Lime, and costs about the same, I think. She was thinking about a basket, but "they look dorky!". J. and I told her that baskets were the HEIGHT of trendy right now, and so were city-type bikes.

She was going to sleep on it. Actually, I think she made up her mind, but we convinced her to sleep on it.

No comments: