Sunday, March 16, 2014

Errandonnee 10 and 11, Portland Timbers Game and Coffee (again)

The Portland Timbers soccer match was a midday one today.  Thought I'd ride over the hill, enjoy the game, and ride back, pausing at the Starbucks at the summit.

Stuffed my Timbers jersey, cap and scarf in a bag, pulled on somewhat warmer riding gear than I would normally wear, because I'd be standing for a couple of hours.  Sit?  What is this SIT during a Timbers match?

Errandonnee 10 and 11, sporting event (go Timbers!) and coffee 14.6 miles

Arrived at the stadium in time to hear the Timbers Army chanting and then the National Anthem.  As I was locking up the bike, a security guy came over, did I have a Season Pass or parking sticker?  Well, I did have a Season Pass, so was allowed to lock up in the secure parking (actually the only parking, because events overwhelm the standard street parking).

Errandonnee 10 and 11, sporting event (go Timbers!) and coffee. 14.6 mi

The game ended in a tie.  Well, better than not losing.

Chatting with a couple of the other cyclists after, it appears I got very lucky.  Season ticket holders can get a transit pass, a car parking pass, or a bike parking pass.  We have the transit pass. Oops.

So, now climbing back UP Park Ave (reallyreallyreallysteep), through Washington Park, up to Sylvan and the Sylvan Starbucks.  Brief relaxing pause for an Iced Caramel Coffee.

Errandonnee 10 and 11, sporting event (go Timbers!) and coffee 14.6 miles

All downhill to home from there.

14.6 miles.  All the miles, one more errand to go.


No comments: