Saturday, January 12, 2008

I want immediate gratification!

I have a lovely new 650B wheel with a SON hub. I have a B&M Lumotec IQ Fly, all ready to go.

Mark and I brainstormed ways to mount the light, and he cut up some metal mounts for me.

When I got home, Fitz further refined them to fit the light the way I wanted it.

I can use P-clamps to mount them to the light and the fork. This will be a temporary solution, until the front rack I have been waiting for is available for purchase.

The new front wheel, of course, does not yet have a tube and tire. I can move a tire over from my existing front wheel (except it is so dirty from today's ride, I don't even want to TOUCH it.)

An additional tire cannot be had until Monday.

The sticking point is the P-clamps. I have lots of them, but none quite large enough. I'm pretty sure I couldn't waltz into Freddie's and get them anyway. The local hardware store is, of course, closed right now. They may be closed tomorrow.

If I was 4 years old, I'd be having a tantrum.

Instead, I'll go sort laundry.

No comments: