Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gitane Update (Happy NOW Uncle Arthur?)

Lately, I've just been collecting parts, tweaking the rear wheel, and plotting what to do next.

Last night was a giant cable and housing installation event.

Cane Creek SCR-5C brake levers installed

Rear brakes hooked up

Shopping list for the next wave of activity:
  • 4 brake pads (I can buy NOS Weinmann brake pads on eBay. Brake pads older than my children? I think NOT!)
  • 2 feet of brake cable housing
  • steel core tire levers (to wrestle the free, slightly-worn Armadillos from Lance onto the rims)
  • 1 tube
  • 1 saddle
  • Velox handlebar plugs
  • fenders (I'm thinking Velo Orange fluted metal ones)
  • cable housing clamps (no stops on this frame)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got most of what's on your list either at home or at work. Including the Weinman pads -- not OS, but just plain NEW.

Call me.

Shabbat Shalom --B