Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Improvements

Last winter, in my ongoing search for dry, warm hands while cycling, I bought the REI Taped Mittens. And they worked very well. The only drawback is that they are mountaineering mitts and have long cuffs, straps you can tighten, straps you can put around your wrist and a drawstring at the ends.

Before

Imagine getting all that under the cuffs of one's rain jacket, even the generous cuffs of the Showers Pass Elite 2.0. It is challenging. I can't do it, not with any great speed. Long-suffering riding companions have helped out.

On the last ride, it struck me... I have the skills, I have the equipment! I can remove all that extra fabric and give them ribbing cuffs! Called down the street to my sister-in-law, who has amazing stores of fabric trims and such, and made off with enough ribbing to modify the mitts.

Ta-daaaaa!

After

1 comment:

JKramer said...

Now I'm envious! Now I'll be embarrassed to wear mine with the big huge cuffs.