Sunday, November 4, 2012

Coffeeneuring #6, Maggie's Buns

Susan suggested we meet at Cafe Montecassino in Forest Grove before the annual Oregon Randonneurs Verboort Sausage Populaire.  We'd then ride the last 3 miles to Verboort in plenty of time for the start.  Our backup plan was Maggie's Buns, my very favorite place to stop in Forest Grove.

Coffeeneuring #6, sticky bun as big as my head

Maggie's is 18 miles from my house by the most expedient route.  Out the door at 6:45am (yawn) in pitch dark.  Not raining, and not particularly chilly.  I made it through downtown Hillsboro before it got almost light enough to call it daylight (day before the end of daylight savings).

Found Jeff and Susan's bikes parked outside Maggie's, so went inside and ordered my standard - cup of coffee (Stumptown, very good), and a bun.  Heated.  With the frosting.  Mmmmm.  Bill A appeared shortly thereafter.

A nice 30 minute stop, then northward to Verboort for our populaire.

No comments: