Thursday, March 12, 2015

Errandonnee 2015, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9

March 10, 2015
Bicycle: Rivendell Bleriot
#4, Beaverton Library, Art & Entertainment
Ohh, email from the library!  Moar books for MEEEEEEE!  Zipped on over, WITH proper bike lock this time, and snagged my books.  Discovery on the way to my next stop - one of my favorite pieces of public art, a big upside down canoe with a saddle (yes.) is no longer there!  It was at the corner of SW Lombard and SW Broadway.  And now it isn't.

#4, Beaverton Library run

#5 Jim and Patty's Coffee, Personal Care
Stopped off on the way home to sit down, drink a Peppermint Patty Mocha, eat a Well of Nutella, and start reading one of the books (Rose on Fire) for awhile.  It was very de-stressing.

#5, Jim and Patty's Coffee

The strip mall has a terrible bike rack - one of those elementary school wheel-breakers.  I locked the bike to itself, and wedged it between a table and the store window.  Chatted with an employee on my way out - I am not the first one to complain about the rack.  Maybe a more suitable one will appear in my lifetime.

#5, Jim and Patty's Coffee

Total miles: 4.33

March 12, 2015
Bicycle: Rivendell Bleriot
#6 Coffee Pickup from co-op run by former co-worker, Social Call
(This one could go either way on designation).
Rode over to my original former place of work to collect my coffee order from Benton.  When my job went away, he just moved me to the "outside co-op member" list.  As I pulled up, friend Maria, former walking buddy AND former Portland to Coast Walking Relay team member, came by.  We did a fair amount of catching up; I hadn't seen her since just after Thanksgiving.  She had to then head off to yoga, but Benton came out with my coffee, and there was more catching up.

#6 Coffee pickup at Former Place of Employ

#7 New Seasons Grocery, Store
It was on the way, and we needed Irish cheese and whole wheat flour.  The Irish cheese was surprisingly had to find.

#7 grocery stop at New Seasons

#8 The Bank, Personal Business
The short contract I picked up last month paid me.  I deposited the check.  The road construction on the road which makes it EASY to get into the bank is still not complete.  They've even cut off access to the sidewalk, making getting into the bank coming from the west rather challenging.

#8 Bank run

#8 at the ATM

#9 Library, Returning books, Non Store Errand
(it isn't art and entertainment, because I wasn't taking any new books away)
The automated drive-up return window (reads the books RFID chip and checks it in automatically) works better from a bike than it does from a car.

#9 returning the library books

Total miles: 6.7

So I am all there on miles; now just have to run three more errands...

No comments: