Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sometimes, I Knit

I've been working on a sweater for about 3 1/2 years. I finally finished it in early January.

Finished!

It was complicated. To celebrate, I ordered a pattern and yarn for another sweater - all one color this time, but cables and such. I'll learn how to do cables now.

Socks are fun, and a good project to take on airplanes, because they are light and small. I made three pair from self-patterning yarn, and graduated to some Really Complicated Ones with leftover yarn from the sweater.

Self-patterning fair isle socks


Philosophers Wool Tradition socks

I'd start right into the next pair of socks (yes, I ordered more yarn), but the yarn is in skeins, as is the yarn for the next sweater. It needs to be rolled into balls. Fortunately, they make tools for that sort of thing; mine will arrive tomorrow. My mom plans to be right over with HER skeins of yarn, too, as my dad is getting tired of holding it while she winds it :-)


Plus I found a really cool bicycle sock pattern (by Lucy Neatby, if you are interested), which I ordered. Plus Natalie's S'Mittens, which I'll make from leftover yarn from a sweater I knit about 10 years ago. I think I've got quite a pipeline of projects for now.

No comments: