Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some days, it is hard to be a good little demographic

I surely tried. Fitz told me to get the Brooks Saddle of my choice for Mother's Day. Duly accomplished yesterday. It is installed, but there is a small problem - my venerable seatbag does not work with it.

New Brooks.  Hmm, old seat bag no longer fits...

All the other seatbags we have around are of the same type, except my Carradice Barley, which will work even BETTER with the new saddle, but it does not work and play well with the briefcase pannier, so those are all out of consideration.

Ah! Time to get a VO Croissant or Rivendell Banana bag! Finally, an excuse.

Darn. Both out of stock.

3 comments:

Cecil Anne said...

You have been assimilated . . . .

I am not sure of the VO bag I have is the croissant - I will have to check - but it does not work with the sprung Brooks. Fortunately, I have another bike with an unsprung Brooks on which it works just fine.

The Barley works with the sprung, it just takes some doing.

lynnef said...

I'd just fasten the bottom part to the rack, anyway (for the Barley)

Anonymous said...

Citybikes Annex has a couple of Brooks Zip-roll bags. Cheaper than V-O and very pretty.